Dear School Leader:
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about the MPP Academy’s Future Physician Pipeline Scholarship Program for your students! The MPP Academy is an “early outreach Pre-Med & Medical School Readiness Program” that is committed to building a diverse pipeline of future medical doctors and scientists, as early as 4th grade, to the physician workforce that is more representative of the U.S. population.
Your school has been selected to receive a limited number of full-tuition scholarships to a select group of your students that have an interest in exploring the field of medicine and healthcare via the MPP Academy. We selected your school because of your rich history, strong academic performance and commitment to academic excellence.
Your school will receive an allocated number of scholarships approved by the MPP Academy Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Community Partnerships. Your school will be responsible for selecting and distributing the scholarships to your students that have an interest in exploring different career paths or pursuing a career in the field of medicine and health care via the MPP Academy.
The students selected for the scholarship must meet the following scholarship award requirements:
- Target Audience:
We are accepting applications from high achieving U.S. and International students who are currently enrolled as a 4th – 12th grade student.
- Academic Criteria:
High achievement in math and/or sciences.
GPA of at least a 3.00 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale) in academic courses completed within the last 12 months of submitting an admissions application.
- Personal Commitment:
Important factors in selecting students for the scholarship include the following:
Takes ownership of future college and career goals.
Committed to strengthening academic and mental preparation for college and medical school.
- Career Interest Criteria:
An interest to explore or pursue a career in the field of medicine, healthcare, and/or science.
Suggested Methods to Select Students for the FPP Scholarship
Your school could select students for the FPP Scholarship by any of the following methods:
- Create your own selection process.
- Send an E-Blast with the MPP scholarship guidelines and presentation materials to all students for them to individually express interest (See “Interested in Exploring a Career as a Medical Doctor?… E-Blast sample).
- Send an E-Blast with the MPP scholarship guidelines and presentation materials to all teachers to nominate students (See “Now’s Your Chance to Recommend a Student Who May Be Interested in Becoming a Doctor for A MPP Academy Scholarship!” E-Blast sample).
- Share the MPP scholarship guidelines and presentation materials during a certificated staff meeting for teachers to help nominate students (Here is the link to a presentation you could show at an all school staff meeting: FPP Scholarship Program Overview Video).
Once your school selects your list of students for the scholarship, please complete the Scholarship Nomination Form.
Distribution of Scholarships to Your Students
Scholarships will be distributed in the form of a scholarship certificate for each student that your school selects to receive the Future Physician Pipeline Full-Tuition Scholarship. Your students will use the scholarship to enroll in the MPP Academy.
Here is a link to a Pre-Recorded FPP Scholarship Program Information Session for you to share with your school teachers and staff regarding the MPP Academy and the FPP Scholarship Program.
We are excited about this incredible opportunity for your students and we hope your school will partner with MPP to distribute full-tuition scholarships to a select group of students that have an interest in exploring or pursuing a career in medicine and health care.
To learn more about the FPP Scholarship Program, please visit www.mppacademy.org/fpps.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
MPP Office of DEI Initiatives & Community Partnerships