1 Week International Medicine & Healthcare Study Abroad Trip
- Students in the high school and undergraduate program will travel abroad for one summer during an international study abroad immersive experience.
Academic Skills Development & Writing for College and Career Success
- Students will develop a more strategic approach to reading, college-level writing, note-taking, and researching topics for an academic paper in a quicker, more effective, way. Some of the seminar topics include overcoming procrastination, time management, memory and concentration, note-taking, textbook reading, and exam preparation.
Career Advising & Mentorship
- Students will be paired with a Career Coach that provides mentorship and personalized support for professional and personal development into the field of medicine.
- Students are surrounded by like-minded peers and encouraged to support each other and share knowledge, tools, and resources.
- Our program creates a culture of empowerment through the mentorship of professionals and physicians and medical professionals that supports students on their journey to becoming a future doctor.
Introduction to the MCAT Entrance Exam
- Students receive an in-depth review of the Medical College Admissions Test, commonly used in the Medical School Admissions holistic review admissions process.
Medical School Tours | Visits to Hospitals & Clinics
- As part of the career exploration process students participate in medical school tours and visits to local hospitals and clinics to observe the activities of physicians and residents in a variety of specialties.
Earn Healthcare Industry Certifications
- Students will earn: First Aid and CPR Certification, AED & BLS Certification, and HIPAA Compliance Training & Certification.
Navigating the Undergraduate Admissions Process
- Students are provided with the tools, resources, and hands-on experience to navigate the college admissions process. Students will develop the knowledge to become a competitive college applicant and to be a desirable candidate at “top schools”.
Navigating the Medical School Admissions Process
Students are provided with the core competencies and resources to navigate the medical school admissions process. Students will develop the knowledge to become a competitive medical school applicant and to be a desirable candidate at “top schools”
College Affordability Planning: Paying for College
Students are supported through the college financial aid process, and additional options available to finance an undergraduate education. This is meant to simplify the complex college financial aid process and reduce the stress and anxiety of paying for college.
University & Medical School Affordability Planning: Paying for College and Medical School
Students gain the knowledge and hands-on experience to navigate the complex medical school financial aid process with greater confidence, reduced stress and anxiety.
Experience College Life
Students will experience college life while they live and learn on a college campus. Students will meet new friends from around the world, establish a sense of community, and are provided with the opportunity for academic and personal growth in a safe and secure college environment.
International Experience: Cultural & Global Awareness Programming
Students will learn about the social, economical, and environmental factors that affect the health of patients and populations in a healthcare system outside of the USA.
Social & Cultural Activities
MPP students will develop a service-oriented mindset, engaging in community service learning projects and will experience cultures domestically, as well as internationally. In addition to academic coursework and career exploration experiences, students will participate in a variety of fun indoor and outdoor activities creating an unforgettable summer experience.
Live & Learn on a College Campus
- Students will live and attend classes within a safe and secure college environment to experience what it will be like as a college student. Students will live in on-campus dorms to learn about residential life.
- Students will develop new friendships while experiencing college life, exploring and experiencing different career paths in the field of medicine, and developing the mindset and skills needed to succeed in school and beyond.
Exclusive Guest Speakers
- Students will gain valuable insight on future careers and learn strategies on how to achieve their education and career goals from guest speakers from various industries.
- Students meet with current college students who will share age-appropriate college life experiences and provide recommendations on how to start preparing for college as a college-bound student.
Virtual Career Simulations
Students participate in behind-the-scenes virtual career simulations to get a taste of what a future career might be like.
Students experience exclusive career tours to get a taste of what a future career might be like and build connections with professionals from different career fields to help them gain insight into their future careers.
Students will discover how to speak confidently and persuasively to both large audiences and small groups.